Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sneaky strep

I took Owen in to the pediatrician today because the fever has not gone away--it's been 5 days and it's getting higher. I don't even know how high because I'm not sure if I can trust the thermometer, much like my car's speedometer. The doc and I came up with 103.4 at the office.

His lungs are clear (yay!) ears look good (yay!) so they did a throat culture just in case. I told the pediatrician that the blue fingernails were from the egg-dying and not a reason for concern. Well, it turns out they can have a strep infection without a sore throat. So, penicillin it is.

Tomorrow if he's sufficiently better, we're heading to the ball game to eat nachos and participate in American culture. Today he's going to sleep some more and watch DVD movies.

No comments: