Monday, August 4, 2008

Not interesting and terrifying


I got my haircut short--really short for me. So far everyone has told me that it looks cute or cool and no one has said it looks "interesting" so I think that's a good sign.

I got Aldo's hair cut today too. I'm on a roll. Aldo had to sit on my lap because he doesn't feel brave enough to do it on his own yet. He cried for the the beginning, but he likes the buzz of the clippers. But now I have hair in my bra. Itchy. Owen's next. I'm aiming for tomorrow.

Aldo is in that stage where he runs through stores under the radar and racks of clothes and ends up at something he finds interesting. It's been once in Ross where I found him with help from a salesperson. We all three ended up with dirty hands and knees from crawling around after him. And today in Babies R Us.

Babies R Us was worse because I could hear babies calling for "Mommy" but it wasn't mine. Mine was happily lookng at a bench he found with Thomas the Tank Engine on it.

Rica, if you're reading this, leave a comment so I know you're there!

3 comments:

Helen said...

I can vouch for the haircut...it's great! Of course I am another Mommy with the long bob, but I think it's what all the hip mama's have. I lost Emma in the special occasion section at Macy's in December. She was hiding in the middle of some circular racks. I was freaking out and laying on the ground trying to spot her little feet under the hanging clothes.

PuddleThumper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PuddleThumper said...

Terrifying is right. They are so quick.

I wanna see a picture! Oh wait, I'll be seeing the haircut soon. I don't know if I can wait that long. :-)