Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall is here. Time for the pumpkin.

Is today the first day of Fall? I know it's around now because it's always around the 21st and I saw a Fall Foliage map on the weather report.

In Fall's honor, or perhaps more becaue they sound good, I'm making pumpkin muffins today. Rather, I just made chicken fried rice with my Chinese vegetable stash from a previous post and I'm going to make pumpkin muffins with Owen when he wakes up from his nap.

Did you catch it? The tell tale sign that all is not well? Owen has a little fever (100 degrees) and is napping. It's strangely quiet in the house because both boys are sleeping.

I made a pumpkin pie last week, but that was because we saw them in Cost Co. The boys and I ate the whole thing because my husband is not a pie-eater. I justified every slice by thinking "two servings of orange vegetable."

1 comment:

Helen said...

Poor Owen. I hope he feels better soon! Yum, pumpkin muffins. I just got a mix from Trader Joes. I am going to have to do some baking soon. Too bad it was so warm today.